Providence Health & Services Social Worker *1.0/Days - $7,500 Hiring Bonus and Relocation* in Seward, Alaska
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with some additional questions for you to answer from our Modern Hire system.
Providence is calling a Social Worker ( Inpatient Social Services , Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Seward Medical and Care Center in Seward, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Manage a caseload and maintain an organized, current case file system that reflects the psychosocial needs of the resident and the efforts made to meet those needs.
• Record social work interventions, observations, assessments, and other important data, in the electronic medical record, that reflects the psychosocial needs and etc.
• MDS REQUIREMENTS: Participates in MDS/CAA process. Provides Minimum Data Set information and Resident Assessment Protocol summaries for designated MDS sections. Honors established MDS/CAA timelines to meet regulatory requirements.
• Completes social histories for each resident at admission, as appropriate. Ensures that the residents comprehensive care plan and resident daily care plan include interventions that address social services needs.
• Assist new residents and their families in adjusting to life in their new setting.
• Assess and identify the medically related psychosocial needs of residents and develop a plan of care to meet those needs.
• Develop at the time of admission and maintain an active discharge plan for each resident at the time of admission.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work
Alaska Licensed Baccalaureate Social Worker (LBSW) or Master of Social Work (LMSW)
Current BLS certification from American Heart Association upon hire or the ability to accomplish within 30 days of date of hire required
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Master’s Degree in Social Work
1 year of recent experience in a medical facility or long term care setting
About Mountain Haven
Providence Mountain Haven is the first Green House® home in Alaska, which is includes 4-lodges, each with 10-Elders. Teams are self-managed, have consistent staffing, and have strong patient to caregiver ratio. Caregivers typically have 5:1 patient ratio and work 12-hour shifts. Nestled against Iron Mountain, in Seward, AK, it is a great home for Elders to live out their later years! http://alaska.providence.org/locations/psmh/Pages/default.aspx
About Providence Seward Medical Center
Providence Seward Medical and Care Center is a 6-bed critical access hospital and 40-bed long term care facility providing quality health care to residents and visitors. Our team of physicians, nurses, and support staff deliver compassionate, quality care to all patients. We care for the patients ranging from infants to the elderly with services including, primary care, emergency, inpatient, swing bed, lab, radiology, therapies and nursing home care.
Located only 125 miles south of Anchorage on Resurrection Bay, Seward offers a small community feel and access to a multitude of world class outdoor activities such as kayaking, fishing and hiking.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Social Work
Req ID: 324467