Providence Health & Services Speech Pathologist in Seward, Alaska
Providence is calling a Speech Pathologist (Acute Speech Therapy to Providence Seward Mountain Haven in Seward, Alaska. 0.5 FTE. This is a part-time day shift.
We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates Speech Language Pathology services under the prescription of a physician licensed in the state of Alaska.
• Communicates with team members and outside agencies to identify patient needs, changes, overall condition of patient, and determine future levels of care.
• Collaborates with Case Manager or facility designee to ensure reimbursement.
• Contacts vendors for durable medical equipment needs.
• Assists in coordinating discharge plan.
• Provides patient and family education in a variety of physical settings.
• Demonstrates competency and knowledge of specific department equipment.
• Exhibits critical thinking skills and activities relevant to level of education, training and specialty.
• May require travel to other sites/locations within the service area as necessary.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Masters degree in Speech Language Pathology
State of Alaska licensure as a Speech Pathologist
Current license to practice Speech Pathology in the State of Alaska
CFY candidates will be considered, with commitment of continued employment after certification and full licensure
Must have a valid AK Drivers license.
Current Auto Insurance.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience and credentials in sub-specialty.
About Mountain Haven
Providence Mountain Haven is the first Green House® home in Alaska, which is includes 4-lodges, each with 10-Elders. Teams are self-managed, have consistent staffing, and have strong patient to caregiver ratio. Caregivers typically have 5:1 patient ratio and work 12-hour shifts. Nestled against Iron Mountain, in Seward, AK, it is a great home for Elders to live out their later years! http://alaska.providence.org/locations/psmh/Pages/default.aspx
About Providence Seward Medical Center
Providence Seward Medical and Care Center is a 6-bed critical access hospital and 40-bed long term care facility providing quality health care to residents and visitors. Our team of physicians, nurses, and support staff deliver compassionate, quality care to all patients. We care for the patients ranging from infants to the elderly with services including, primary care, emergency, inpatient, swing bed, lab, radiology, therapies and nursing home care.
Located only 125 miles south of Anchorage on Resurrection Bay, Seward offers a small community feel and access to a multitude of world class outdoor activities such as kayaking, fishing and hiking.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Speech Therapy
Req ID: 234702